The new batteries arrived in a small but heavy package. I pulled the brand new Imedions out of the box, and tested them for voltage. All but one was OK out-of-box with no further charging needed. For the one, fortunately, I had kept a pre-charged spare in the battery drawer, to round out the eight battery line-up. Next, I pulled four dual “C” battery holders from the same small mail package, and arranged them on a piece of trim board (not something a person should normally do, but I did for this little test). The next little jewel that I pulled from the shipping container was the DC-DC (voltage, not frequency) down-converter. Not being patient enough to wait for the housing that I had ordered, that the batteries will ultimately reside within, I soldered a switch to a couple wires, pushed the batteries into place, connected the pack to the DC-DC converter, and threw the switch!