Tag Archives: battery

Rehab for the second “Homemade” Tablet

Recently, I decided to give the engine inside the latest “homemade” tablet project a rehab.  I decided to add an internal battery supply, but to make it a decidedly different kind of thing this time around.  As with the first … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Homemade Tablet – Fun with Auxiliary batteries

Figure 1: Working up a new battery configuration. The new batteries arrived in a small but heavy package. I pulled the brand new Imedions out of the box, and tested them for voltage. All but one was OK out-of-box with … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Homemade Tablet – More Battery Hacking

The batteries were purchased without much thought, as they were extremely inexpensive. There is high variability in NiMH cells, depending upon manufacturer. Some simple math shows that I am not extracting the full capacity of the batteries while running the … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment